Friday, December 8, 2006

argh Chapters

I needed to buy some books today (i go to UNIVERSITY yeah thats right) and i forgot to buy these books throughout the year cause i'm a busy guy and don't really have time to remember to buy essential supplies for my learning or whatever.

Well i went to this 'book' store today and started looking around and this lady asked me if i needed help to which i replied 'yes, do you have a classics section?' (i only read classical literature, the rest of your typical mainstream trash isnt worth my time thank you very much). so anyways she said they didn't but they probably have what i'm looking for. i whip out my list of books that i need which included Balzac, Rousseau, Peter the Great and Pushkin. Now ok i didn't really think they would have Peter the Great or Pushkin but Balzac is pretty big (and has a great name) and Rousseau was popular i thought... so she takes me around and starts looking and suggests me stuff that isn't even close to what i want at all!

ugh Chapters what the heck! WHAT THE HECK! so i left the store and on my way out asked to speak to the manager and told her about Beatrice or whatever her name was (the lady that 'helped' me) and how poor of a job she did and i wanted to see her get fired on the spot in front of me. The manager said she was sorry and would talk to her in private about it. merry christmas Beatrice i hope you get fired for inconvieniencing me and eventhough you dont control the stocking or purchasing you still should pay for my 15 minutes that you wasted which I WILL NEVER GET BACK!

I ended up going to the library and got them all for free so i guess it worked out better that way.

Also as a side note at work the other day this lady told me that she needed to buy a nintendo wii immediately because the next day she was going for cancer surgery for the third time in her life and 'hopefully they get it all out this time'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this entry is all over the place! i don't know how to feel!

on a related note, i had a tasty Wendy's hamburger.

Anonymous said...

They don't train their staff. My daughter worked cash, after only 6 shifts they gave her walking papers. She was short on her till (once) and she was slow on cashing out at the end of the shift. If people only knew what goes on. They don't care about their staff, they're a dime a dozen. Perhaps a fair warning or some guidance would have been helpful, no warning given, the dog bit her right in the a**